Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dig A Little Deeper

Lily's first trip to the movies turned out to be an awesome time. I am pretty sure she cared more about the popcorn than the movie. The Princess and the Frog was an awesome movie about understanding what we need over what we want... a lesson we could all take in this day and age. I wanted to share one of my favorite parts of the movie. We had the joy of having two bus loads of seven and eight year olds to share the movie theater with. When this song came on I couldn't help but smile as the kids started clapping in beat. What a good experience for my little Lil.

1 comment:

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

I am so glad she had fun! I was wondering when kids were old enough for the actual movie theater! They have some pre-school days here where they play short films in the theater and we might try that. She just went to a huge exhibit on the Princess and the Frog in New Orleans and loved all the clips but she is too little for the whole movie. You are right - what we want and need are two very different things and it is a lesson that we keep learning every day of our lives. At least I do. It is a tough one!