Thursday, January 28, 2010

Frugal Part 2...

I am not sure whether this is meant to be humorous or to just show my progress. Either way…it’s kind of funny. I decided to share some savings with you that I was quite proud of! There was a 3-day sale going on so I decided to take advantage with some coupons I had this week. See what I got below! I’m so excited! I paid $.78 for each box of Cheerios and they’re really big boxes! So with all the goods down below…I paid $7.74. The total price before sales and coupons…$16.28. That’s around 48% savings! This was just a short trip…remember in Frugal Shmugal my “two-time a month grocery trip”? Well, this wasn’t one of those weeks but I couldn’t pass up a good deal on a few of our staples.

Now to the humor…below is a picture from Mom4Him. Jessica was so gracious to help me out with some drug store questions I had a few weeks ago. In this specific picture, Jessica saved 69% on her groceries paying a total of $66.75! I find humor in this because it’s like I’m really, really, REALLY taking baby steps! Of course, Jessica completed 6 transactions to get all of this and really does some work to get these deals. (And her store provides some pretty awesome catalinas! You can see her total grocery trip summary HERE.) You have to see it...it's like magic.


Honestly…how funny is my little picture up there compared to this!

6 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

You're so cute.

I think a $.78 box of cheerios is a prize no matter HOW much other stuff you get! I love to get a good deal...it's so rewarding!

Last week, I got a $7 bottle of John Frieda shampoo for .69 cents! Talk about PARTAY! :-)

My husband doesn't get it, though. He just laughs. It's so sad.

Anonymous said...

That is so very cool :-)

I think I overpaid at the store this week - that is how bad I am!

Amber said...

You're doing great!! Seriously!
I'm proud of you.

Tracy said...

I think it's great that you're such a conscientious steward of your money!

Jessica-MomForHim said...

You are doing just fine--you are recognizing and taking advantage of deals that come around at your stores! It's all about spending less and getting more--you just have to know how to play the game! :-)

1 Special Family said...

That BIG stack of groceries was just a little stack once, too! You have to start somewhere and it looks like you're doing a pretty good job of it!