Friday, March 23, 2012

I always needed closure...

I did. I do. I always will need closure. I could just let this blog sit out here in "space" until I have time, or even the desire, to write. But I believe the time has come to say, "The End."

God has taken me so many places since I started this blog two and a half years ago. I started searching for myself outside motherhood and found motherhood is where I am to be for this season of my life. And this season of life has opened to me the evidence of my ever, constant presence needed by my children.

I often think about things I have wrote about on here and recently shared with a friend how arrogant I have been to offer my opinion and advice on mothering, homemaking, and homeschooling. All things I am very, very new in myself. In the past years of writing, I have found myself bordering on legalism and losing grace. I have found myself caught up in blogs and book suggestions that have left me depending on man to tell me where I should go and forgetting that only God can tell me what is right and good for our family. I think about past posts and my desire to go back and edit so many of them...knowing that the rigid thoughts I may have held even one year ago I know longer feel the same about. I praise God for the path He is taking me on and where I have been as well.

So, I move on. Maybe starting over one day...far away when God has given me much more wisdom. I leave here to focus on my God, my family, my freedom in Christ, and His never ending grace. And to my own surprise, even myself. Sometimes, we come full circle realizing balance can be an all too important thing and denying yourself for the sake of Christ doesn't necessarily mean neglecting yourself.

8 comments:

Jama said...

I've enjoyed watching your journey. Glad I get to continue being a part of it in the "real world."

Petra said...

God is so faithful. He will not leave us where we are. So, I am glad to see another forever sister growing up in Him so beautifully. I'm almost sad to see you leave now, but totally understand. Just the other day I re-read one of my old posts and was so tempted to edit the thing to death, literally. Yes, God helps us to grow, and sometimes we grow right out of things. Let's not ever forget how awesome that is. Blessings!

Alice said...

I'm sorry to see you go, too, but I understand completely.

Blessings!

Persis said...

I'm glad to have "met" you through the blogsphere, Michelle. May God bless you in the good work that He has called you to.

Camille said...

Dear Michelle ~ May the LORD bless you as you seek to follow HIM with all your heart. HE is Faithful. HE is Gracious and Merciful. What a blessing to belong to HIM!! I know we only visited sporadically here in the blogging world, but, I will miss knowing you are here. I will pray for you this day that the LORD will continue to teach you much of Himself and HIS Truth. How precious it is to know that HE walks this path with us.

In HIS Love,
Camille
Isaiah 26:3-4

Anonymous said...

DO U HAVE AN EMAIL WHERE FOLKS WHOM ARE HAVING MAJOR "MICHELLE & LITTLE BABY FRANKLIN" WITHDRAWS CAN REACH U?? ;'(( sniff,sniff


"sharonherby@hotmail.com"

AKA: Sharon Jiretz

Michelle said...

Sharon!

I've emailed you twice! Once earlier in the week and once today! Should you come back here to look...email losingmichelle@yahoo.com.

Susan said...

Hi Michelle,

I haven't been here in a while, been busier with life myself lately. I also have slowed way down on my blogging. I used to frequent a few forums and probably would feel the same about many old posts (if they are even still around, I doubt it) the way you feel about your previous blog entries...and now often when I want to post a blog entry I find myself completely at a loss for words. As chatty as I am, that's quite phenomenal. I wonder if that is the Holy Spirit causing us to "shut up and listen"...? because I have noticed quite a change in recent months in forums and bloggers, the frequency has gone way down.

Enjoy your babies, and life, and keep looking up. Jesus redemption is the only thing of true value here.
<3
Susan